Skip to main content

i love my life and everyone who is in it

I am at school preparing for my final NSU exam ever. I cannot put into words how exciting that is.

Do you know that feeling when you are watching a thunderstorm from afar and you can see the lightning and are waiting for the thunder? It is that sense of anticipation I am experiencing right now. 31 days. It is not that I am so ready for this chapter to end, as it is I am so eager to see what the next has in store for me.

I do not ruminate on how lucky I am to be in the position I am in; rather, I am enjoying watching the fruits of my labor blossom. I do not believe in luck. I believe that you make opportunities through hard work and being the kind of person others want to know and see succeed.

I find myself in the position of waking up every morning excited about life. I learn so much every day, and although that may be due to the fact that I am still a student and will be a student every day of the rest of my life, I relish the thought that there is so much more to learn. I love the prospect of walking into something new that I have never heard of or experienced before and then mastering it. Challenges are the spice of life. The power is derived from recognizing what you do know, and then complementing it with new information you gain.

House hunting. Nothing exciting like what I see on my favorite TV show House Hunters, but I do love the idea that I consider my current situation fantastic and permanent enough to engage in the thought process of potentially purchasing a domicile.

I struck the PA lottery jackpot.

Comments

  1. Love the new blog design and the posts!!! Hope boot camp is fun and can't wait to see you :)
    Love yooooou and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Did Not Cry

I did not cry. For two weeks I did not cry. As I laid there staring at the ultrasound monitor while the doctor kept adjusting the angle of the ultrasound wand, searching, hunting for a heartbeat, I did not cry. When we sat and tried to determine if our dates were “right” or if they could possible be “off” and the doctor spun his pregnancy calculator wheel to see if the measurements had any possibility of being correct, I did not cry. When the financial coordinator started asking about making our hospital copayment and for the first time I had to say that there was a chance the pregnancy was “no good”, I did not cry. Standing in the parking lot, reminding myself how to take a normal breath while my husband carefully looked me over, assessing to see if I was ok to safely drive the 45 minutes home, I did not cry. We waited ten days to find out that no, there was not a heartbeat, and no, the baby is not growing anymore. Still, I did not cry. I matter-of-factly...

and four months later...

four months ago was demo work (well, August 4th to be exact)... then it was a major mold problem... then Ollie became incredibly ill, we thought we were going to lose him, and I was caravanning from my parents' house to work (read: two hours round trip) every day. however, four months later, a diagnosis and recovery from Pemphigus for Ollie, flooring down, new ceilings, updated electric, and lots of quality time with my parents, i am ALMOST done. big things have happened and between commuting, crazy long hours at work, too-frequent vet specialist appointments, and travel for work and holidays -- i present: PROGRESS!  --- let's take a step back and remember what we *used* to see in my kitchen --- --- and after cabinets and counters installed --- antique leather granite, oooooh.  so, we have not quite finishing toe kicks or baseboards, but door trim, handles, pulls, appliances (read: the first time this house as ever had a dishwasher, EVER) ins...

furniture update

ok... so when the chick from the blog i got my inspiration from said that the first coat was scary she was not lying. the current shade of pink my chair has become is HORRIFYING. sometime during the application of paint to cushion number one i realized how terrifying the color was and was thrown into an uncontrollable fit of giggling which then led to crying. the chair is so ugly it is fugly. no bueno, people. the pink is a shade of pink i could not have even attempted to imagine. as it dries i believe the pink is becoming more magenta (which is, in fact, the shade i am trying to achieve in the longrun). they say this first coat is simply the primer coat and the next layer will be the beginning of the color taking shape. let's hope so. if there are furniture gods, i am praying to them tonight because this has me more than a little concerned that my final result will be 1. unpublishable and 2. an expensive trip to an upholsterer. i'm posting a pic so that if someone else wants t...